Required fields are marked with asterisks (*)

Please fill out the application for an amendment to the zoning by-law for review by the Planning Department. 

Section 34(10.1) of the Planning Act states:

“A person or public body that applies for an amendment to a by-law passed under this section or a predecessor of this section shall provide the prescribed information and material to the council.”

Council is not required to take any action until this information (and the application fee) has been received by the municipality. The prescribed information and material is set out in the Schedule which forms a part of Ontario Regulation 199/96. The following list of requirements is taken from that Schedule. Please consult with the municipality if there are questions about these requirements.

Size of the subject parcel (metric):
Access to the parcel is provided by the following:
Extent of Maintenance
Are there any buildings or structures on the subject land
Are any buildings or structures proposed for the subject lands?
How is potable water provided to the site?
How is sewage disposed of?
How is storm drainage accommodated
Is the subject land subject to an application for consent or a plan of subdivision?
Has the subject land ever been the subject of a previous application for a zoning by-law amendment?

Please explain how the amendment is consistent with the Provincial Policy Statement, 2020.

What is your strategy for consulting with the public

Please attach a sketch(es) showing the following information:

  • Boundaries and dimensions of the subject land
  • Location, size and type of all existing and proposed buildings and structures, including distances from all lot lines
  • Approximate location of all natural and artificial features on or adjacent to the subject land that may affect the application (such as buildings, railways, roads, watercourses, drainage ditches, wetlands, wooded areas, wells, septic tanks and tile beds)
  • Current uses of adjacent lands
  • Location, width and name of any roads within or abutting the subject land, indicating whether it is an unopened road allowance, public travelled road, private road or a right-of-way
  • If access to the subject land is by water only, show the location of the parking and docking facilities which will be used
  • The location of any easement affecting the subject land

Allowed extensions pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, jpg, jpeg, gif, png, tif

Permission to Enter Property

I hereby authorize the Township Planner or his or her delegate or members of the staff of the Corporation of the Township of South Stormont to enter upon the subject lands and premises for the purpose of evaluating the merits of this application and subsequently to conduct any site inspections that may be required as a condition of approval. This is their authority for doing so. 

Planning staff may enter the property for inspections related to this application


I hereby declare that the information contained in this application, attached schedules and forms, attached plans and specifications, and other attached documentation is true to the best of my knowledge. If the owner is a corporation or partnership, I have the authority to bind the corporation or partnership. If I am not the registered property owner, I have obtained written approval to submit this application on the owner's behalf. 

I understand that this constitutes a legal signature confirming that I acknowledge and agree to the above declaration.


The prescribed information and material set out in sections 1 to 27 of this application must be completed in order to trigger the time periods set out in section 24(11) of the Planning Act.

Applicants should also be aware of section 34(10.2) of the Planning Act which states:

“A council may require that a person or public body that applies for an amendment to a by-law passed under this section or a predecessor of this section provide such other information or material that the council may need.”

Each application is unique. It is not possible to predetermine the exact nature of this other information but this may include such issues as servicing (water, sewage, access, storm water), contaminated soil, incompatible land uses, airports, agricultural land, aggregate resources, wetlands and other elements of the natural environment, groundwater, heritage resources, cultural landscapes, archaeological resources, erosion-prone areas, flood plains and other hazardous conditions. Early consultation with the municipality about these potential issues is strongly encouraged.

Other procedural questions should also be directed to the municipality.